Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kent E Kunze has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
Showing 5 of 25
NEVER listened to us as parents. HORRIBLY rude. FIND SOMEONE ELSE. This man should not be employed, and his lack of caring should be called out. I believe, now that I've reviewed his insurance billings, that he is also fraudulently coding insurance documents, and once I verify that is fact, I will see him in court, and hopefully....in front of the medical board. He should not be licensed.
Dr Kunze actually looks at you and talks without writing the entire time. He takes time to get to know the kids. He increased his patient time to 20 minutes. I have had3 of my kids to see him and it has been very positive. He does treat the kids with great respect and not just talking to parents. I've seen a lot of psychiatrists and he's one of the best. One negative is that he's not so good with returning phone calls. It takes days. But this is common with busy doctors.
Dr. Kunze is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Kent E Kunze accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChild Psychiatry Associates Pc, 939 Office Park Rd Ste 200, West Des Moines, IA
Dr. Kent E Kunze is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Des Moines, IA.