Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kent J Van Why
Dr. Kent J Van Why, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Davenport, IA, with another office in Moline, IL. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Van Why is affiliated with Heritage Emergency Physicians, Trinity Medical Center West and Medical Center, Silvis Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Kent J Van Why has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
This Dr does not answer questions well. He got angry and rude/short with my wife and daughter when they asked him questions. I had my case moved to another cardiologist because I had no confidence in him. Sure I don't want this guy doing my ablation procedure. When my wife called the exchange for medical advice when I went into AFib if he is on call he does not call back in a timely manner. That is scary.
I was diagnosed with having SVT and Dr. Van Why suggested a catheter ablation. Basically a catheter is inserted into your heart and burn ares of your heart to stop the episodes. I had the procedure done and Dr. Van Why, and his staff were excellent. Very happy. I have had very little pain and none of it from the procedure itself, mainly from laying on a hard table for 4 hours. If you have a problem with SVT or any other kind of heart problem, go see Dr. Van Why. You will not be disappointed.
Dr. Van Why is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Kent J Van Why accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kent J Van Why in this video.
Dr. Kent J Van Why is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Davenport, IA.