Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kent N Wenger has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Kent N Wenger has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Kent N Wenger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Wenger was my Doctor for eight years. I have seen five or six Psychiatrists over the span of seventeen years! I value his honest and kind behavior towards me. He never forgot an conversation or important incident that we had or that I experience. Dr. Wenger was always learning and using the most up to date meds or counseling to help me! And he did help me tremendously. I will always respect Dr. Wenger for the professional care I received from him and more importantly the ease I felt with him talking about my concerns about my depression! I have highly recommended Dr. Wenger to many who were seeking medical care. I follow him from Shands, Being in practice with Dr. Jones and then his private practice. Never an unkind word from him or his staff!! Always willing to accommodate!
I have no doubt whatsoever that he keeps up with all of the latest information and research on medications and treatment options. He is comfortable letting his sense of humor surface which is helpful. With regard to the expense of medications, he is sensitive to the impact of expensive prescriptions and explains clearly why he has selected a certain medication. I trust him and have no doubt that he cares about his patients.My only recommendation would be that he ask his staff to provide reminder calls or e-mails the day before appointments. Sometimes clients have trouble simply getting through the day, and it is no wonder that appointments are forgotten, which wastes his time and costs the client a great deal of money.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wenger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKent Wenger Md Pa, 5214 SW 91st Way Apt 120, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Kent N Wenger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.