Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenton E Stephens Jr
Dr. Kenton E Stephens Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Surgery. Dr. Stephens has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenton E Stephens Jr has the following 4 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
All I can say is Dr Stephens and his team are awesome! I had Lung cancer and a lobectomy and when all the other surgeons said they couldnt well HE could. From the moment he examined me I felt for the first time in my journey through lung cancer that this guy knows what hes talking about. I had surgery 7 months ago. I am cancer free and you wouldnt even know from my scars to my overall health that I had such a major surgery!! My primary care Dr back in Fairbanks couldnt believe it either. I would fly from the other side of the planet to see him if the cancer comes back!!! I owe my quality of life after lung cancer to him.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
35 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1983
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Kenton E Stephens Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKenton E Stephens Jr Md, 2751 Debarr Rd Ste B320, Anchorage, AK
Dr. Kenton E Stephens Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.