Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kerry B Callahan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Terrible provider and very poor care. Medical intervention will become YOUR job if you choose Callahan. You are treated like a drop in the bucket. I can't say this is consistent in the PC network, but this doctor is apathetic, distant, and lacks any sort of personal courtesy. I cannot really judge his knowledge of medicine, but I certainly can comment on his practice. He acts like he's doing you a favor as opposed to just doing his job. Experienced a minor injury that got worse from the delayed care and misdiagnosis. It took 2 WEEKS for my issue to be adequately addressed when it could have been settled in 1 day. I was given a 5 minute examination, with ZERO inquiry into its cause. I had to be proactive in providing the relevant information, and finally had to personally seek out an informal opinion from an acquaintance who happens to be an MD. It took 2 copays, 7+ phone calls, an exacerbated injury from delay, hours upon hours wasted, and 2 X-Rays, to ...get this... SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR because mine had since left on vacation. My Advice (albeit sarcastic and probably inadvisable) - look your medical problem up on google and fix it yourself. It will save you all of the aforementioned hassle that is entirely preventable. Your other option is to seek out a knowledgeable advocate who will not sit quietly and let his passive and careless attitude dictate your recovery and/or health. Please don't let them treat you like cattle to be processed and moved out the revolving door. It only encourages bad practice - and this guy is the king. The average Joe puts entirely too much faith in the system and in the fact that these people have been board certified. Do not let the system work you, and please demand the very best. I hope this review saves at least one person the trouble.
I have had an extensive history with doctors visits and health concerns, from the beginning Dr Callahan treated me with a cold demeanor and seemed to be too busy to take his time to help me. He recommended I ween myself off of my asthma meds because of one clear spirometry reading. Since then I have switched to a good doctor whom I trust, this current doctor laughed out loud when I told him what Dr Callahan had recommended and stated that I would've been in serious trouble if I had taken his advice. I have since found that I have ANA, multiple IGE positive items (around 70] periosteoperosis in my spine and many other health related issues. How many of these did Dr Callahan help find? None.
Dr. Callahan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Kerry B Callahan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPortland Family Practice, 541 NE 20th Ave Ste 210, Portland, OR
Dr. Kerry B Callahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.