Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kerry J Kaplan
Dr. Kerry J Kaplan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Safety Harbor, FL, with another office in New Port Richey, FL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Kaplan is affiliated with Largo Medical Center, Florida Hospital North Pinellas and Mease Dunedin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Kerry J Kaplan has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Heart Block
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 24
I have seen Dr Kaplan for 18 years. He monitored my leaky bicuspid aortic valve. His communication skills can't be matched. He always explains he thoughts clearly and in a way that is understandable. He listens to me carefully when we discuss his recommendation for medicines or treatment for my aortic valve.
Dr. Kaplan diagnosed me with a cardiac problem that my GP missed. I'm an RN and he listened to me, assessed my symptoms appropriately and worked with my medications to control my problem--using the least invasive and least expensive treatments. That's a great doctor in my view. I always appreciated his bedside manner as well.
Dr. Kaplan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Northwest Medical Center
Dr. Kerry J Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kerry J Kaplan in this video.
Dr. Kerry J Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Safety Harbor, FL.