- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kerry D Thek MD
Dr. Kerry D Thek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Daytona Beach, FL, with other offices in Port Orange, FL and Buffalo, NY . Her specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology. She speaks English.
Dr. Kerry D Thek has 3 locations
Dr. Kerry D Thek has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
Dr. Kerry D Thek has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Kerry D Thek is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kerry D Thek - Posted on April 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kerry D Thek - Posted on April 11th, 2013
After going round and round with several ER pediatricians and our personal pediatrician we finally saw Dr. Thek. Unlike our pediatrician Dr Garcia, Dr Thek listened to what was wrong with my 15 day old son and quickly started telling me ways to help fix the problem, prescribed him a medication and formula to easy his discomfort. She explained to me other things that we would need to try if this medication and formula did not help him and scheduled a followup visit for one week. I was very pleased and relived to receive this kind of treatment and actually get some help for my son after his pediatrician did nothing to help.
Very caring Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kerry D Thek - Posted on February 8th, 2012
My experience with Dr. Thek was very good. You can tell she really cares about her patients. I brought my daughter in for a checkup and she was extremely thorough. She spent adequate time with us and she made sure we understand everything in its entirety. She's very polite and respectful. I would most definitely recommend her to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kerry D Thek - Posted on January 2nd, 2012
Don't bother. I was explaining all of my daughter's gi problems and she actually said to me "Can you tell the rest of this to my nurse? I have other patients to see." I was and still am in shock. What professional, let alone CARING pediatric professional says that?! There are several Orlando area Ped gi dice that are likely covered by your insurance...refer to them and don't waste your time or any money on her.
Westchester Medical Center
Dr. Kerry D Thek Accepts the Following Insurance
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Humana HMO Select
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kerry D Thek is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Daytona Beach, FL.