Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ketan Bulsara
Dr. Ketan Bulsara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT, with another office in Farmington, CT. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Neurological Surgery. Dr. Bulsara is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital, Duke University Hospital and Yale University Department of Neurosurgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Ketan Bulsara has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Skull Base Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 59
Dr. Bulsara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Duke University Hospital
Yale University Department of Neurosurgery
University Hospitals and Clinics
Yale School of Medicine
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - West Haven
17 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ketan Bulsara in this video.
Dr. Ketan Bulsara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.