Dr. Kevin A Oneal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin A Oneal?

My Boii

He is a cool cat and my boii

great doctor who listens

Could not ask for a better doctor. Finally found a doctor who listens instead of just throwing antibiotics and rushing people out the door

Very personable doctor who cares about the person behind the patient.

i have known dr O'Neal since he was a resident. he is a great doc. very knowledgeable and caring. I'm not the best patient ( don't have regular preventive visits due to time constraints) but he always is kind and considerate and doesn't waste resources or my time. very smart guy. love him.

worst experience ever

The office staff is very nasty and offers no help at all. I never felt comfortable with Dr O'Neal and wouldn't go back to him. He is nothing but a pill pusher like most drs these days that have been bought off by the pharmaceutical companies. Find someone else.

Review

Overall, I really like Dr. O'Neal. He's knowledgeable about my health although his office hours are somewhat limited.

Dr. O'Neal always takes the time to talk to me about my concerns. He has an excellent bedside manner and is very knowledgable on the latest research and how it applies to me when I am sick. He is a great doctor!

Just agree, and you'll be fine

I attended 3 appointments with Dr. O'neal. I have IBS and was going through therapy which caused some anxiety issues to arrise, which in turn triggered the IBS.Each visit, he stressed that he'd work with me to find the right medications. It would be "trial and error" approach.The second visit, I started detecting him seemingly becoming aggitated because the medications weren't working as they he had wanted them to work. (Only 3 weeks between visits.)The thrid visit was horrible. He ended up insulting me! During this visit he also asked if I was still going to therapy three minutes after I'd just told him I was going to therapy.So, I've heard others say he's a good doctor, I've concluded that as long as you agree with what he has to say and don't question anything, then you'll do just fine.

Undiagnosed

Dr O'Neal has been our PCP for 18 mos, and I am pleased with the ease of getting an appt and generally short office visits. But I've had hip pain for 9 mos for which I've continually requested an MRI, and he insisted the HMO would not pay for it until we exhausted all more conservative measures, including daily pain meds and 3 mos of physical therapy. It may be true there is a wait, but when I disclosed that I was pursuing a number of alternative specialists (a neuromuscular dr, a kinesiologist, and a chiropractor), suddenly Dr. O'Neal said I could have the MRI. I don't appreciate withholding care or having to "threaten" alternative medicine (which has been more helpful over the past 6 mos) to get diagnostics ordered.