Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin J Baxter has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kevin J Baxter has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 30
Dr Baxter is a great doctor who had made a huge difference in my life. He takes the time to get to know and listen to his patients. I would highly recommend him to everyone I know! Unfortunately, I think his practice is full and he is not accepting new patients. But if he ever does start taking new patients again, this is the guy you want!
Dr Baxter took care of me and my husband for many years. When I had breast cancer he was caring and compassionate and worked as a partner with my oncologist. My husband has a bad back and he took superb care of him as well. We were blessed to have him as our physician. Wish he would move to where we are so he could continue being our PCP.
I have been a patient of Dr. Baxterâs for over 10 years. He treats my children and my parents. We all love him! He has a very calming bedside manner, and is down to earth and easy to talk to. His clinical skills are outstanding. He takes the time to educate patients regarding their diagnosis. He successfully diagnosed my bad back situation (where others had failed) and was able to steer me to a surgeon in Portland. Surgery was life changing. While I still have occasional pain and discomfort, it has really improved my life. I had been to several other doctors in town before I finally found Dr Baxter. After I had a few appointments, all my family switch to him. I have found him to be very honest and open. I would give Dr Baxter my highest rating.
I moved away from Astoria about a year ago, I really miss Doctor B, I was with him for over 12 years, I have yet to find another doctor with his abilities to connect with his patients, his caring, his concern, I wish I could have put him in my pocket and taken him with me, you can trust Doctor B with your life, he saved mine literally.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
18 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2000
Doctors Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Kevin J Baxter accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCmh Primary Care, 1639 SE Ensign Ln Ste B103, Warrenton, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin J Baxter in this video.
Dr. Kevin J Baxter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenton, OR.