Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin L Beyer
Dr. Kevin L Beyer, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Kalamazoo, MI, with another office in Battle Creek, MI. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Beyer is affiliated with Battle Creek Health System and Borgess Medical Center. Dr. Beyer has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin L Beyer has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 22
I had my first colonoscopy today. From the moment I came in and met with Samantha unit I was discharged by Amiee it was the most pleasant experience a person could ask for. Denise was awesome and Dr. Kevin Beyer was was just as friendly. He answered all my question and he made comfortable. I would highly recommend this Doctor and his staff. Thank you very much for a job well done.
Im a cancer patient, and have terrible pain in stomach. Waited 4 months to get in after ER visit, while still in pain after left ER. Oncologist sent me there after CT & PET showed now signs. DR Beyer, didn't listen. I waited 4 months to get in to do a colonoscopy (had to drive out of town to get in 2 months earlier than what I could have been), and although I healed about a month ago he basically said if im not bleeding or in pain (at the time of the appointment), there is no need to do a screening. Look dude, we don't go to tacobell, and not eat the taco's. Nobody wants a colon screening, but it was needed and shouldn't be for you to decide who gets one and who doesn't. It was highly recommended by my other doctors. So now, im back in the same sh1tty situation (no pun intended), not having the bad pain, but other issues still occuring. Wasted precious time off of work. Listen to your patients dude! Figures he's a Michigan state grad, couldn't get into the best schools in the state.
Dr Beyer has been treating myself and my son for abot 11 years. Would not want anyone else.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Beyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1985
Mt Clemens General Hospital
Dr. Kevin L Beyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kevin L Beyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kalamazoo, MI.