More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kevin R Colwell has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kevin R Colwell has the following 9 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Kevin R Colwell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Permanently Damaged Me
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kevin R Colwell - Posted on February 5th, 2018
Dr. Colwell left me permanently damaged from statin drug prescriptions. He arrogantly ignored my complaints of side effects, insisting it wasn't the statins and told me to exercise MORE, a direct contradiction of what is recommended . However, a UCLA reading of my biopsy indicates damaged DNA. I now suffer chronic and debilitating pain, permanent damage to my live r, immune system and leg muscles, and Kaiser and Dr. Colwell didn't think this was worthy of compensation for damages. He has no right to complain if someday someone he loves is harmed by a doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kevin R Colwell - Posted on September 13th, 2012
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKAISER PERMANENTE MEDICAL GROUP, 3900 Alamo St, Simi Valley, CA
Dr. Kevin R Colwell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Simi Valley, CA.