Dr. Kevin D Deweber Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kevin D Deweber?

I had to find a new doctor to not be ignored...

I unfortunately starting see Deweber when I first relocated to the area and immediately he made an egregious mistake of prescribing me mental health medications based on my vague recollections of why the doctor I had before had prescribed me each medication as I did not have the records from them at the time. The previous medicines would not be covered under state health insurance so he went off the cuff on prescribing me other comparable meds without understanding the underlying cause of the reasons for their use. The new medications caused be terrible mental distress on a level I had never experienced before and thankfully have not since. My most recent interaction with Deweber was when I asked for a refill of my previous prescription of diazepam I had where I moved from. I have anxiety and was wanting a solution for my panic attacks at work. He told me benzoids are dangerous which I was happy to listen to because I know they can be and really would prefer a safer alternative for break through attacks. He prescribed me hydroxyzine without telling me at all what to expect or its properties (he was too busy selling me on a flu shot). It wasn't until I was at the pharmacist that I did my due diligence in wanting to know about the effects of the medication that I learned it was a glorified antihistamine. On top of that the pharmacist laughed at me when I asked him if I would ever be able to take the medication and work as he said it would heavily sedate me and make me want to sleep almost immediately. Two examples of Deweber not caring at all for his patient and making incredibly poor decisions about their mental health. I would not say the man is a danger (even though I was in danger with his misdiagnosis/prescribing initially) but it seems to me that he is not willing to do more than the bare minimum to pick up a paycheck and for the type of care he is in that is simply not acceptable.

He was awesome! I have requested him as my regular doctor. I appreciate his knowledge and time spent to diagnose me right and to follow up with the aftercare.