Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin D Dishman has the following 1 specialty
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Showing 5 of 7
I was recently admitted to S-V for a serious illness and stayed 9 days. Dr. Dishman is probably the finest physician I have worked with in over 40 years as a health professional. He was calm and concise, didnât get all excited with various symptoms and did not over react. He was reassuring to family and to me, tolerated the bad times as well as the good. He came every day and told me when things would get tough and was realistic in his assessments. AND, he didnât dress up as a Preacher or an Undertaker. I trust him fully and would advise anyone to see him if ever they are in need of a good hospitalist or internist. I will always remember him as being trustworthy and utterly professional as well as human. My gratitude to him.
Dr. Dishman is a wonderful, caring, empathic and knowledgable doctor. I was hospitalized for nearly 2 months while other doctors pondered and misdiagnosed my condition. During that time, I couldn't stand up without help, was too week to take care of myself, and couldn't eat any solid food. I had lost nearly 20 pounds in a couple of weeks. I was finally lucky enough to be added to Dr. Dishman's case load. He correctly diagnosed and successfully treated my problem in a few days. I was released from the hospital the next day and I have not had a sick day since. I truly believe he saved my life. Since then I have heard numerous similar comments from others who work with or have been treated by Dr. Dishman
25 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Kevin D Dishman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStormont-Vail Regional Health Center, 1500 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin D Dishman in this video.
Dr. Kevin D Dishman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Topeka, KS.