Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin Elder
Dr. Kevin Elder, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Tampa, FL. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Sports Medicine. Dr. Elder is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa, Saint Joseph's Hospital and Kindred Hospital-Central Tampa. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin Elder has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Family Planning
- Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I loved the staff (front&back) Dr. Elder was awesome, he explained in detail about the muscle spasms in my neck/shoulder area and he helped me tremendously by giving me two Trigger Point injections. He answered all of my questions. My experience was great. I would absolutely refer all of my family & friends to Dr. Elder. He is Family Practice but specializes in Sports Medicine as he is also the team physician for our own Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Dr. Elder already has one leg out the door when he enters the room. I have been asking questions and he just leaves the room. I had a PET scan performed and read the report myself. It stated I had borderline bone thinning in my spine and that the hip was normal. Dr. Elder told me I had bone thinning in my hip.
Dr. Elder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph's Hospital
Kindred Hospital-Central Tampa
18 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Bayfront Medical Center
Dr. Kevin Elder accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin Elder in this video.
Dr. Kevin Elder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.