Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin J Furlong
Dr. Kevin J Furlong, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Voorhees, NJ and Blackwood, NJ . He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Furlong is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Wills Eye Hospital. Dr. Furlong has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin J Furlong has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 34
Dr. Furlong, by far, was my favorite Dr in my team at Jeff. He is funny smart and really does care about his patients. The only problem is getting a hold of him or even getting in to see him. That is why he was nice enough to give me his personal cell for emergencies. The staff may not be the best in getting you in for an appointment or even relaying your messages, but he is worth the hassle. His office and him personally played a vital role in saving my life. He is worth waiting for if you want to make an appointment with him. Thank you for being great Dr. furlong! And thank you for saving my life!
This Doctor was the worst I've ever encountered in 50 years-- When presented with symptoms he became agrumentative and defensive. He never even performed ANY PHYSCIAL EXAMINATION of me- like my Doctor now did. This is the worst case of what Universities are putting out now-- young doctors with textbook knowledge and no practical experience-- I litterally argued with him for 30 minutes regarding my condition requireing Hydro-Cortisone temporary theropy so I could tolerate Thyroid Hormone without having severe Hyper Reactions to the medication-- He didn't even offer to admit me considering the state I was in at the time for further evaluation-- I left Thomas Jefferson that day in much worse shape then I arrived-- Sure enough & ironically I finally got to see a Real EndoCrinologist - Dr. Joe Fallon who after a full examination of my symptoms & physical exam said-- I needed Hydro- Cortisone- which I was put on immediately-- I've since recovered thanks to Dr. Fallon-- I would have died at the hands of Furlong-- also worth noting I sent a full detailed complaint to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital -Phildelphia regarding that visit & have never heard a word back from them.BE CAREFULL OUT THERE!
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Furlong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Kevin J Furlong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin J Furlong in this video.
Dr. Kevin J Furlong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.