Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin J Goniu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Goniu is a true professional. Very thorough, honest and trustworthy. After a number of visits you also note a terrific, somewhat dry sense of humor. What I sense about this man is a commitment to excellence in his practice of medicine. He combines with excellent diagnostic skills with concise explanations of what can and cannot be done. He has improved the quality of my life on several occasions because of those skills. He is the right Doctor for me.
I love this doctor! Sometimes I have to wait a little while before he comes in the room, but that is because he is taking time with the patient before me. Then when he comes in to see me he gives me all the time that I need..he answers all my questions and concerns. He has an excellent bedside manner !
I've been seeing Dr. Goniu for over a decade. The only negatives associated with his practice is that it's not easy to get in to see him (very popular doctor) and the waiting time, especially in the afternoon, is quite long.He's an internist whom I trust more than specialists in diagnosing illnesses. He's truly a brilliant physician. His bedside manner takes a little getting used to. When I first saw him, I thought he was aloof. After getting to know him better, I realize that he's got a quick, dry wit, is highly self-confident (for good reason), and is truly concerned with my husband's and my illnesses and comfort. He's actually quite approachable and spends as much time as needed listening to the situation at hand, knowing exactly what the problem is, and extensively explaining the nature of the illness and the course of action.His staff is very courteous and I would highly recommend Dr. Goniu and Cedar Mills Medical Group.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1980
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Kevin J Goniu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCedar Mills Medical Group, N143W6515 Pioneer Rd, Cedarburg, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin J Goniu in this video.
Dr. Kevin J Goniu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedarburg, WI.