Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin R Knobel
Dr. Kevin R Knobel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Modesto, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Knobel is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Los Banos, Doctors Medical Center and Emanuel Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin R Knobel has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 5
I think Dr. Knobel is the best doctor I have ever had. He has been my doctor now, for almost twenty years, and I would'nt go to anyone else. He is like an old fashioned doctor--he really listens to you and has a most reassuring bedside manner. He has seen me through a very bad time in my life, dealing with several, very serious health problems and has always been there for me. A 5-Star doctor, if ever there was one!
Went to him because my regular PCP is cutting down hours. He was very nice, talkative. Answers e-mails. My case is complicated and they don't communicate with each other at Gould unless you bring it up! I am still relatively new to seeing him so the jury is still out. Some of these issues are dragging on forever. We shall see. I was hoping fir an Internist to put all these puzzle pieces together.
Where do I start! Dr K. is like your country doctor. He pays attention to what you say, he not only is a great doctor but a friend too.He remembers the small talk conversations about your family or life. That is rare in a doctor. I had to switch insurance companies and went to Kaiser. I cried as if I was leaving an old friend. 2 years later my insurance changed again and he welcomed me back to his practice even though he wasn't accepting new patients. If you aren't going to this doctor its unfortunate,and you would know what I'm talking about if you did. His knowledge in medicine surpasses a lot of MD's I have seen. Thank you Dr Knobel for all the medical advice and support you have given me throughout the years! As a plus he looks like Jerry Seinfeld! He is adorable!!
Dr. Knobel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Creighton University Medical Center
Dr. Kevin R Knobel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter Gould Medical Foundation, 600 Coffee Rd, Modesto, CA
Dr. Kevin R Knobel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Modesto, CA.