Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin S Maxwell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kevin S Maxwell has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kevin S Maxwell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I'm not going to speak ill of Dr. M. But beware, he spoke to me for almost two hours about our Lord. My Husband was furious because he needed the car and i was back so late! I have so many painful issues but Dr. M is very cautious prescribing meds as he should be. So, I called his office asking for a referral from his Sweet nurse Susi. My husband got the referral but forgot. So, i phoned his office leaving a VM. just asking Susi to please call me back so i could go to a new GP. Then , as in pain and asleep. I get a call saying, "this is Dr. Maxwell's wife, he said he can't help you so go the Emergency Dept." What? All that I asked for was a referral from his nurse!" Is a spouse of a doctor able to give medical advice? My Husband and I have called so may pain clinics. All do not take our military insurance or are so far away from where we are staying in our motel. Also, he will only accept cash or credit cards. NO INSURANCE! Good Luck
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Maxwell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Northridge Hospital Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMaxwell Family Medicine, 10831 Combie Rd Ste D, Auburn, CA
Dr. Kevin S Maxwell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Auburn, CA.