Dr. Kevin B Merkes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin B Merkes?

Spouse of patient

Lately have been very unhappy with the office staff. His nurse Nonica does not return calls. My husband had a test of his arteries done, we had to call and ask them to please call with results, end result Dr. Merkes gave exact time he would call my husband, we waited no phone call- my husband calls the next day and he's off. Terrible f/u.. leaving patients feeling more stress than they already are.

Patient Experience

Very focused and responsive to our needs. Although I was not his patient at the time he took the time and effort to personally call forward to another physician to begin immediate treatment with an ophthalmologist for shingles that had involved my eye. The problem could have cost me my sight in that eye had it not been for his prompt action. Took the time to see my wife for a bee sting that had developed into a cellulitus infection and she was not his patient at the time.

Mr.

Patient for over 5 years. I come prepared with a written list of issues/problems. Gives appropriate time for every item and listens carefully. Goes the extra mile for more difficult problems. The best doctor I've had over the years.

Great Dr.

Very concerned and caring. He does not rush you in and out.

Ignorant of many basic medical facts!

And he gives a very rough rectal exam, then acts surprised when you report discomfort. Does not know basic information about medicine interaction or artificial chemicals in food well-known to most laymen. Very tardy at appointments.

Dr. Merkes is always concerned about me as one of his patients. He always spends time asking about my general well being, stress levels, exercise routine...etc. I am sad to say I have to change doctors, because of my new insurance. I will miss Dr. Merkes.

So many things to tell...

He was previously the doctor for both me and my wife. We have since left his, um care. From mis-diagnoses to inappropriate follow up, I could spend a day writing up the reasons to avoid him. The last thing to leave you with is that for some unexplained reason, when you leave his office, he charges you a special fee to transgfer your medical file. Sounds illegal. Any attorneys out there care to take this one up?

Amy B

Listened to my lungs, shined the light in my face, said you have walking pnuemonia, asked me if I wanted antibiotics?! I said I don't know you are the Dr. Sent Rx to Rite Aid. Didn't tell me a thing about any followup care or what walking pnuemonia even was or how I got it. I think I will be changing Drs. Dr. Merkes if you read this I had so many other symptoms that I wanted to tell you about but you rushed me out of your office. You didn"t even have my chart with you. Just a clip board.

Dr Merkes is a wonderful doctor. He always talks to you and not at you. He made me feel so comfortable talking with him, that I could talk with him about anything. When ever I needed to get in to see him, he has always fit me in his scheduled. I would highly recommend Dr. Merkes to family/friends.

Dr. Kevin B Merkes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poway, CA.