Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin K Nguyen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kevin K Nguyen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Kevin K Nguyen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
Just finished our last appointment ever at this horrible office! First let me say that Dr. Nguyen used to be a good Dr. Great in-fact but that has changed dramatically over the last 7 years that we have been his patients. We met Dr. Nguyen in 2008 when he had just barely opened his office. We interviewed him to make sure that we felt comfortable that he was a good fit for our family. We chose him as our "Family Doctor". For the first couple years he was great, good bedside manner and a genuine eagerness to help his patients, I am not sure what happened to make him change into the rude, impatient and inattentive person he has been for the last couple of years now. His front office receptionist is incredibly rude and condescending. She does not even greet the patients as they walk in and will not look at you even if you ask her a question. 2 years ago he was seeing all 3 of my kids, then one day I had called to make an appointment and was told that he does not see children. I explained that he most certainly has in the past as my kids had been going there for several years, I was then told "well, he's not accepting new patients" again I explained that we were not "new" finally was able to get an appointment went in and was told that he no longer wants to treat children and referred us to another pediatrician. Since then it has been next to impossible to get an appointment, anytime we have called we were told by the receptionist to just go to urgent care without any explanation as to why. if it was for simple things sure, but the majority of these have not been and we would prefer to see our Dr. who knows us and our medical histories. Today was the final straw...made an appointment to be seen, was able to get in and was treated like total crap the entire time! The receptionist was her normal rude, cant be bothered by anyone self. Then When we got back into the room and after the medical assistant took a BP, we waited. Finally the Dr came in. Never once in the less that 10 minutes he was in the room did he attempt to do an exam. He proceeded to try and humiliate us by being argumentative and demanding (not asking questions mind you) why we thought we had a particular illness. We explained the scenario and that in-fact another person in our family was just diagnosed with this illness and now we have the same signs and symptoms. His response was "well he doesn't have a fever" Our response was that one was never taken. He then proceeded to say ", well he doesn't have a rash" in which case the patient removed his shirt and showed him that he was indeed covered in one. After seeing that his response was "oh" I kid you not that is all he said. Still never checked for a fever, never felt for swollen glands or did any type of patient care. He literally stood across the room and said "well, I will just put him on antibiotics because they never hurt." We then proceeded to explain that others in the household were having similar symptoms and his response was "just take them to urgent care." He clearly does not give a crap about his long term patients who have been with him since he opened the doors to his practice. Do not go to this office, you will not be treated with an ounce of respect and will be given medication without a diagnosis.
Dr Nguyen is very open and attentive, really listens, asks pertinent questions, and orders tests when needed. He has helped me through several brief illnesses such as bronchitis and acid reflux, and has correctly referred me to a surgeon for knee replacement and for gall bladder attack. I feel very confident that he really cares, that he is very knowledgeable, and goes the extra mile to help me. I am in my late 80's but doctor Nguyen never treats me like "it's just old age." He listens to my complaint and addresses it factually and impartially. I attribute my very good health to his competent care.
This is part 2 to my other review, He sent me on my way with High Blood Pressure also.Which is probably the reason for my heart probs,his male nurse was the one that asked,if I always had High blood pressure..Guess he doesn't treat that either!!!!! Not the friendliest person,A tramp in church would probably feel more welcome!!! Take your money elsewhere!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Kevin K Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMenifee Valley Medical Associates, 29798 Haun Rd Ste 203, Sun City, CA
Dr. Kevin K Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sun City, CA.