Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin E Schmidt
Dr. Kevin E Schmidt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Schmidt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin E Schmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Schmidt is a ordinary guy...and easy to talk to...he listens..He's good at diagnosis....doesn't push pills...I have 2 appts. a year...but if something comes up between...I can get a timely appointment with him. He's the best doctor I've ever had ...and I'm in my senior years now. I'm glad he is much younger than me because he'll be around until I go to my Maker.
Dr. Schmidt is the most down to earth and caring Doctor I have ever met. I trust his opinions and feel very confident with his recommendations. Dr. Schmidt is for the patient and their wellness, other doctors want to make a buck, he doesn't he's on your side. His office staff is also fantastic. Would recommend him to everyone!
Dr. schmidt has always treated me and is upfront and honest with me. He tells me exactly what I have and how we are going to treat it. His staff at times does not listen to me and seem rushed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Kevin E Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKing & Schmidt Mds, 300 Stafford St Ste 263, Springfield, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin E Schmidt in this video.
Dr. Kevin E Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.