Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin Scott has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 13
When I called to schedule an appointment, the Doctor answered the phone as his assistant was out. He was not able to tell me if an appointment was available on the day which I requested but gave me an evening appointment. When I arrived for the appointment, no one greeted me. I said âGood Eveningâ to the staff at the front desk. The two young ladies just looked at me. One of them eventually asked if I had an appointment. When I said yes, the two ladies looked at each other with surprise. After waiting for about 30 minutes in the waiting room, my son and I were finally called back. No other patients were in the office and the doctor was lingering around the front desk making casual conversation with us so there was no explanation for a wait. My son was instructed to get undressed and wait for the doctor. His vital signs were not checked. We just patiently waited. The doctor performed his services, and we were told to check out with the receptionist. I asked him about completing a Health Certificate for the physical which he performed and was instructed to leave the form with the receptionist. Days had passed and I hadnât heard anything back. I called only to be told that records from his previous doctor needed to be faxed to them in order to complete the form. They also asked for my sonâs height and weight which they would have known had they taken his vitals. Nonetheless, I had my sonâs previous doctor fax over the required forms. I called to ensure that Dr. Scottâs office had received them and was told that someone would give me a call back. No one did. I called back the next day and the young lady apologized for forgetting to call me back and said that the forms were received and the doctor should be able to complete them by the next day. Because I had not heard anything from them, I called to check on the status. Finally, after six business days, the form was completed. When I inquired about them faxing them to me, I was told that the forms cost $10 per page. Iâve been an athlete all my life, and my son has been playing sports for the last few years. I have never been charged anything to have a Health Certificate completed after getting a physical. Long story short, incompetent, rude staff and ridiculous fees should be expected when visiting this doctorâs office.
Dr. Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Doctor's Community Hospital
26 Years Experience
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Kevin Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kevin Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenbelt, MD.