Dr. Kevin Setter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kevin Setter?

Reschedules constantly

Posted on December 5th, 2017

I had thumb surgery and thus far a very poor outcome. I have been going there for 18 months and have had 10 appointments rescheduled. Office is poor at returning calls. With an acute problem after the 8 week post op surgery period, you can not beg your way into the office. Average wait time is 2 hours. He is always at least an hour behind. He is constantly rescheduling patients- and hence double hard to get in. God forbid you live an hour away like I do and plan a trip into SYR.

Great bedside manner

Posted on June 2nd, 2017

I went to Dr. Setter for a frozen shoulder and found him to be one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever met. Not only did he understand the complexity of my situation, but also was able to offer me other options besides surgery. Although I had to have surgery, I was well advised going into it right from the beginning. He is a superior surgeon second to none and because of him, I am still able to practice in my line of work. Truly one of a kind. He is not bad to look at either.

he's a poor excuse for a doctor

Posted on June 27th, 2016

After my upper humerus was damaged beyond repair in an accident, he was recommended for my shoulder replacement. He may be an excellent surgeon, but his follow-up is terrible. He has no time to answer questions or offer advice that might help with recovery and rehab. I told him I have no insurance, and asked him to suggest some exercises to help with rehab. His response "see a physical therapist". Without insurance , I am paying him in cash for follow-up visits. I cant afford PT, but he does not care, as long as he gets paid. After waiting over an hour to see him, and paying $125 cash, he only had 55 seconds to spend with me.

wish I never did surgery with him

Posted on May 12th, 2016

Dr. Setter had to do 2 surgeries and now I need a 3rd. I am currently searching for a new orthopedic surgeon and would not recommend him at ALL

Posted on February 2nd, 2016

I do think his staff could have a little more compassion. They are very short when you call to find out any information and you never get an answer in the end. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Setter, he is one of the best ortho surgeons, but his staff could at least answer any questions that a patient has instead of telling you the person that you would like to speak to is busy and you will hear from us as soon as we can call you...and NOT wait monthly to do their paper work for those that are a compensation case, they should try going months without an income. Can't get comp until the papers are filed.

Shoulder Replacement

Posted on January 6th, 2016

After meeting with a number of surgeons, Dr Kevin Setter was my choice for a complete shoulder replacement. The procedure was a total success, and enabled me to continue to play my favorite sport of Handball. I am able to play well and have won my last two tournaments, I would highly recommend Dr Setter!

It's too bad. Nice doc.

Posted on December 7th, 2015

The first visit was great besides the wait to get in. I got to see the doctor, we spoke about what may be the issue with my shoulder. He gave me a shot in the shoulder to hold me over. He was very pleasant and seemed to know his stuff. The second visit was not so good. I saw his PA because he was in surgery and another shot was given. This time I was in pain afterward. He must have hit the ligament. I could not raise my arm. The staff is really bad. No follow ups on orders written. Attitude when they had to call back or no return call. That's too bad because he seemed knowledgeable and pleasant. Had to look for another doctor to treat my shoulder.

Posted on November 22nd, 2015

Dr. Setter is unlike any surgeon I have ever met. He has incredible bedside manners. He is very attentive to ALL of his patients and fully discusses what options a patient has. Dr. Setter is an extraordinary man but he is also a superior surgeon, Also if something just doesn't go the way he planned, Dr. Setter always has a plan B that he will use if it makes the recovery a better outcome for the patient. He really is a SUPERIOR surgeon, second to no one.

Research other surgeons and don't look back!!

Posted on September 18th, 2015

Spent over 2hrs in waiting rm. Staff said it is normal. Had surgery and tired to get appt, called only to get answer machine, left several messages throughout week without response. Was not given the proper post treatment until two months after surgery. Office staff or lack of, never returns calls, did not turn in disability paperwork after ins. co. requested 3x's and final, without response. This is nothing more than an assembly line!! Very poor post operative care!! I had appt next week to finally see the doctor the first time since surgery only to have it cancelled. I am done with this practice!!

Had complete reverse surgery. And would do it again. Only would not have waited so long to have it done

Posted on May 24th, 2015

Very good doctor. Smart and very kind. Glad I came to him

Posted on February 17th, 2015

Dr. Setter is exceptional!

Posted on January 16th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Setter's for 16 months and have found him to be very professional, compassionate, and an exceptional surgeon. My case was complex due to a frozen shoulder and torn rotor cuff and I did not have high expectations that it would ever return to "normal." Unfortunately, do to some circumstances beyond my control, I had reinjured the same shoulder requiring another surgery. Dr. Setter is a distinguished surgeon with a bedside manner to die for. He cares deeply for the wellbeing of his patients. He will also answer all your questions and you will have the peace of mind needed to have surgery with Dr. Setter. He's Not bad to look at either. I would recommend Dr. Kevin Setter any day.