Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin H Silver has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Kevin H Silver has the following 6 expertise
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Kevin H Silver has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
My mother has been a patient of Dr. Silver's for years and has been mostly satisfied. Recently his diagnosis was very grave. Her suffering, fatigue, and lack of oxygen had left my tiny mother unable to care for herself. We went for a second opinion, which is an acceptable practice within the medical community. However, Dr. Silver and his staff were not happy about this decision. In discussing our mother's health with Nurse Becky, she became frustrated that most siblings were from out of town. One sibling is a cardiovascular surgeon who certainly wanted to speak with his mother's doctor. (He never did) Her daughter, who did much consoling and encouraging to her mom, needed accurate information from the nurse. The other son and caregiver, needed to make her appointments. This was too much for Nurse Becky. She eventually refused to speak with more than one sibling. She gave inaccurate information from one sibling to another and even lied saying that one sibling. After a thorough workup and a second opinion was rendered, I called Nurse Becky to ask her to relay to Dr. Silver that his original diagnosis was lacking and that her real problem was in fact something very different and very obvious....thought they would want to know. She informed me that it was the "Second Dr.'s place to inform them of what was happening with my mom". I told her that as a "customer of their practice" that I had every right to let them know myself what was happening with my mom and their diagnosis and lack thereof was wrong". AND, this is what you should know if you are considering this practice. I was informed that we are NOT CUSTOMERS...we are just patients. Really? What medical practice in this day doesn't realize that we are paying customers for a service rendered. Clearly, this practice doesn't get that yet. In all of our dealings, they have treated us as though we were bothering them and that they were doing us a favor by treating our mother. Well, you didn't treat her, or us, very well. I have never written a negative thing about anyone or any organization until today. As my dear little 85 year old mother lies in an operating room 500 miles away from me, your lack of regard or care for HER (your "patient"), much less me (just another human being), is unacceptable.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Silver is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1986
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Kevin H Silver accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSumma Physicians Inc, 95 Arch St Ste 350, Akron, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin H Silver in this video.
Dr. Kevin H Silver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.