Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin J Tool has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Tool is an extremely informative and accommodating OB Gyn. He takes the time to explain medical conditions and procedures to his patients; he's more technical in his explanations than most ob gyns, but this is what I look for in a doctor. Dr. Tool is also very precautionary in his treatment of his patients - he thoroughly explores the root causes of any abnormalities, rather than dismissing them. His process is to thoroughly explore any root causes of a problem and once he discovers the root cause, he will fully describe the problem to the patient and whether or not it can and should be treated and how it should be treated. His methodology for exploring abnormalities put me at ease, knowing that he had been so meticulous at finding the root cause. I've read other reviews on other websites complaining about his bedside manner, but I found such complaints to be untrue. Dr. Tool certainly isn't the kind of doctor who will be a "cheerleader" type during the delivery of your baby, however there are plenty of helpful nurses at both PVH and MCR (and of course your birthing partner) who can play this role. Dr. Tool is very respectful of your birthing plan and tries to accommodate it as much as is physically possible. However, he also prepares you for the fact that you may not be able to see this plan through and what courses of action may need to occur in such an event. Dr. Tool has always fit me in for last minute appointments when possible, and always follows up with any problems that were discussed in previous appointments. I would highly recommend Dr. Tool to all of my friends and family who are looking for this type of OB Gyn for prenatal care.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tool is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Kevin J Tool accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Clinic Of Northern Colorado, 1107 S Lemay Ave Unit 300, Fort Collins, CO
Dr. Kevin J Tool is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Collins, CO.