Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kevin W Murphy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 23
I don't think this gentleman enjoys his profession any longer. His frustration with political influence in healthcare has clouded his compassion for people. He's the type that seems to believe that the majority of people are stupid. While I don't entirely disagree with him, it's not the best view to have as a healthcare provider. Inappropriate political statements and stories implicating the ignorance of the patients are best reserved for a more appropriate setting than the clinic during a patient visit.
When I first started going to Dr. Murphy, I loved him! He was funny, made you laugh, and I thought he through job during my checkups. After a few months I was being treated for high cholesterol and ADD, and suddenly without warning he said I shouldn't be on any medications, I didn't need them. My lab results showed my cholesterol levels were through the roof, and without my ADD medication my blood pressure soared. He also would complain about how awful his job. Maybe he should prescribe himself some depression meds, he went from happy cheery to down in the dumps bad!
30 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1988
University Medical Center
Dr. Kevin W Murphy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Family Doctors, 8383 Millicent Way, Shreveport, LA
Dr. Kevin W Murphy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.