Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin G Wietecha
Dr. Kevin G Wietecha, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Canton, OH. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wietecha is affiliated with Union Hospital. Dr. Wietecha has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin G Wietecha has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 35
When I was going to him I thought he was over evasive. He was treating me for a pituitary tumor. I had to have blood work every other month and an MRI every 6 months which I couldn't afford it. So then I went to another endocrinologist at a different office and he was too Lac. Went back to Northeast to a different doctor and the first visit was great. After that she just rushes you right through. I now regret not staying with dr. Wietecha...
It takes forever to get an appointment. And when you do finally get an appointment, you only speak with Dr. W for maybe 2 minutes! For almost a decade I went to his practice, and I complained about the symptoms I was having and it got nowhere. Finally found another doctor and got answers the very first visit.
Dr. Wietecha is the best doctor I have seen. I have had type I diabetes for 15 years and saw two doctors before I found him. He listens to all of my concerns and really looks after my best interest. No other doctor can compare to him. His office staff is always courteous and friendly. The NPs give wonderful care. There is not a better doctor or office around.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Wietecha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Kevin G Wietecha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare ExchangeProviders
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNe Ohio Endocrinology, 4634 Hills and Dales Rd NW, Canton, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin G Wietecha in this video.
Dr. Kevin G Wietecha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canton, OH.