Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kevin L Wood
Dr. Kevin L Wood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oklahoma City, OK. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Wood is affiliated with Ou Medical Center Edmond and Mercy Health Center. Dr. Wood has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kevin L Wood has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Thus far I have not been happy with Dr. Wood even rolls eyes at the patient. I'm still hopeful that my migraines will improve, however. I've found that he keeps patients waiting. One lady in the waiting room stated during my last visit: "I'd rather they just shoot me than ignore me." He, also, does not return phone calls in a timely manner, with the correct information. Frustrating and expensive.
Dr Wood has a small office, with friendly & courteous staff. He is kind of a quirky guy, but obviously highly intelligent and interested in providing excellent diagnostic services and treatment to his patients. He really helped me get my intractable migraines under control, after many years of struggle. I once arrived to the office and had to cancel my appointment, because he was taking extra time with a very elderly patient - and I thought that demonstrated his excellent character and commitment to service. He is a good doctor.
Dr. Wood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Barrow Neurological Institute
Dr. Kevin L Wood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntegris Endocrinology North, 3366 NW Expressway Ste 200, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kevin L Wood in this video.
Dr. Kevin L Wood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.