Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Khadija Awan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Khadija Awan has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
Showing 1 of 3
Non evidence based care, risks patients health
Self-verified patient of Dr. Khadija Awan - Posted on June 7th, 2018
I had a detailed birth plan which outlined my desire to have every single procedure and the risks explained to me and my explicit consent obtained PRIOR to having them performed on my body. Minutes, maybe seconds after I birthed my daughter Khadija Awan stated "I am going to deliver your placenta now" ....I prepared to push and she reached her entire arm into my vagina past my excruciating 3rd degree tear and began manually removing my placenta. My Placenta came out whole, there were no pieces left behind, there was no hemorrhage risk. There was NO medical reason to perform this procedure. She did this without my consent. I was in so much pain that I could barely move, barely breathe for over 7 weeks due to this invasive and unnecessary procedure which carries many risks such as damage to the genital tract, puerperal infection. It also increases the likelihood of bacterial contamination in the uterine cavity. It also can cause uterine scarring... this could have left me unable to have more children. Also, I obtained my medical records which state my placenta was delivered spontaneously so my records were falsified. I urge you to find a doctor who practices evidence based care and to stay far away from Khadija Awan.
Dr. Awan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Khadija Awan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsALPHA HEALTH CENTER, 300 E Pulaski Hwy Ste 112, Elkton, MD
Dr. Khadija Awan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkton, MD.