Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Khakasa Wapenyi
Dr. Khakasa Wapenyi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology. Dr. Wapenyi is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell, New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia and New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Khakasa Wapenyi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Clinical Psychology
A psychologist is someone who specializes in the study of the mind, as well as human behavior. Psychologists sometimes focus on certain types of people or certain age ranges. Commonly you might find a child psychologist, school psychologist or clinical psychologist to name a few. There are many reasons why someone would see a psychologist including PTSD, issues with self esteem, OCD, alcoholism, ADD and more.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Wapenyi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center
15 Years Experience
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Khakasa Wapenyi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions119 W 24th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Khakasa Wapenyi in this video.
Dr. Khakasa Wapenyi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.