Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Khalid A Awad has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Khalid A Awad is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
My husband and I are currently working with Dr. Awad for our triplets, born 11 weeks early and in the NICU. In the beginning, my son was very sick, and as a new mother, I was frantic about his condition. Dr. Awad beautifully walks the delicate line of being honest when it comes to delivering news that is not always good while staying realistically positive. My son in particular had some rough and scary days, but Dr. Awad was always so reassuring, even when things looked bleak, and gave me hope that my son would be ok, which was the only thing that kept me sane and helped me sleep at night! What's the best thing about this doctor though, is that b/c he has had so much experience, you can trust not only that your child is in good hands, but also trust in his diagnosis. Also, so prompt in responding and keeping us up to date on our children, respectful and easy to approach with any questions. We love working with him, and you will too! We love working with him and you will too!
Baylor College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKHALID A AWAD MD, 707 N 192nd St, Elkhorn, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Khalid A Awad, MD - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine in Elkhorn, NE, in this video.
Dr. Khalid A Awad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkhorn, NE.