Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Khalid S Hasan
Dr. Khalid S Hasan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newhall, CA, with another office in Gilbert, AZ. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Endocrinology and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Hasan is affiliated with Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center, Maryvale Hospital and Maricopa Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Khalid S Hasan has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I went to Pediatric/Adult Endocrine of Gilbert. I had seen a female Dr. who had me do blood work for my thyroid. However, in her notes She wrote down for slow metabolism, which then my insurance didn't cover because it wasn't for the thyroid. I called the office because the Lab company said they needed a letter stating why the lab was being done. When I called, I got the receptionist, and She told me the Dr. would call me back. 10 minutes later a male Dr. who later I found out was Dr. Khalid Hasan blew me off, and was yelling at me to go get a job and pay for it myself and hung up on me. After rating them on FB, his receptionist then called me back hours later ticked that I reviewed them poorly and posted it to Facebook and yelled at me for 15 minutes which I recorded. Him to yell at a patient He never seen to go get a job, then have his receptionist to yell also, is a very unprofessional thing to do. I reported this incident to the Medical board and HIPAA after they put my information on their facebook page.
This office was a mess, from the 3 receptionists that couldn't check us in because they were on the phone, to both doctors, Dr. Hasan and Dr. Verso, who were an hour late and thoroughly unprepared for our visit. Our 10 year old was diagnosed with cancer and our surgeon recommended Dr Verso as the pediatric endo to see after surgery. Dr. Verso walked in and because she could not log into the computer, promptly brought in Dr. Hasan and told him to take care of us. Our surgeon's staff had called Dr. Verso, gave her complete overview of our case and submitted a full packet of our records. Dr Hasan was reading while reading and based on his questions, clearly was not actually processing what he was reading. We won't be back.
I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. First of all, they don't draw blood within the office so be prepared to go elsewhere. Next, Dr. Hasan will say he will call with your results but really that means you will need to leave messages and wait 3 weeks to finally get them. Then, when you do hear your vague results given by the doctor he will seem put out when you ask further questions. I guess I also forgot to mention that he will be late to your appointment even when it's an early one and then will take your time "reading" your chart in the room with you while asking you questions that could be answered if he was actually reading your chart. After reading this review I hope you decide to go elsewhere as this is not the experience anyone should have when they meet with a healthcare provider.
Dr. Hasan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Universidad De Santiago De Chile
Graduated in 1993
St Louis Childrens Hospital
Dr. Khalid S Hasan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Khalid S Hasan in this video.
Dr. Khalid S Hasan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newhall, CA.