Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Khanh D Nguyen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Khanh D Nguyen has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Khanh D Nguyen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Nguyen is a good doctor. He has a great sense of humor and bedside manner. I do have to admit he may be bit of an acquired taste. He is a doctor who doesn't have a lot of side bar conversation or small talk. He examines you, tells you what's wrong, gives you a referral and/or prescription (or not if you don't need one) and then, he's outta there. If you want a doctor to hold your hand and "talk" to you, this is not the doctor you want. He's not unkind, but he can be abrupt, so if you're sensitive about "how he talks to you," then steer clear of him. He's not a "tug at your heartstrings" kind of doctor, but he is a good one if you're less inclined to need to be coddled.
He doesn't know how to diagnose. i think he thinks his job is a joke. Peoples lives are at stake here, he dont care. I will never forgive this Dr. for misdiagnosing my Mom, she is no longer here.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Multicare Health System
Dr. Khanh D Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera MultiCare Connected Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Family Practice, 4215 49th Ave NE, Tacoma, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Khanh D Nguyen in this video.
Dr. Khanh D Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.