More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Khuram Arif
Dr. Khuram Arif, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elk Grove, CA, with another office in Rancho Cordova, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Arif is affiliated with Methodist Hospital of Sacramento. Dr. Arif has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Khuram Arif has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 13
Requested Physician call us, he had the office staff call stating he (Dr. Arif ) had some information for us. If we would have wanted "information" we would have asked for it. If a parent wishes to speak to their childs pediatrician, then the pediatrician should show enough courtesy and take 5 minutes to call and communicate with them. This Physician and his staff evidentally dont realize they "work" for their patients. We have been taking our child to Dr. Arif for 2 years, he will not go back there.
I had a difficult time finding a good pediatrician. Once I met with Dr. Arif, I knew I had found the right one. All four of my children see Dr. Arif and have been for the last 6 years. My family and I travel over an hour one way just to continue with Dr. Arif. He is caring, professional, and always asks about my other kids (if they are not all with me). He is the best pediatrician around and I would highly recommend him to anyone that has children.
I never feel like Dr. Arif is in a rush. He always takes the time to answer questions, clarify, and explain his recommendations. I have not felt pressured to do anything. He is very patient with my kids, whether they are talkative or scared, and his office (unlike the other Mercy Elk Grove office) is generally efficient and friendly.
I have a 9yr old and a 13yr old. They have been seeing Dr. Arif for approx. 4 years. My children feel very comfortable with him and he always has time to listen to my concerns. He not only has their physical health in mind, but their mental health as well. I recommended him to a friend a few years ago when her son was having stomach problems and wasn't getting a proper diagnosis. Problem solved on 1st visit. She is happy to drive 22 miles to see him. Well worth it.
Dr. Arif is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Aga Khan Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Khuram Arif accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Khuram Arif in this video.
Dr. Khuram Arif is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elk Grove, CA.