Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kia West
Dr. Kia West, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Kia West has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kia West is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 4
Going to Kia West almost cost me my life. A terrible doctor, I do not recommend her to anyone and urge you to find another doctor if you are currently seeing her. I had an appointment with her twice within one week (the only good thing about her is getting an appointment in a timely fashion, which even she doesn't do) and both times she failed to diagnose my appendicitis, which ultimately ruptured. Any medical professional will tell you that the urgency of a ruptured appendix is life-threatening. I finally went to the ER grudgingly although Dr. West diagnosed me as having "constipation," due to the prodding of my mother, who, as a doctor knows that "the sun should never rise and set on abdominal pain," meaning a patient should never have abdominal pain for more than 12 hours. Again, Dr. West failed to know this. I was hospitalized and given a drain attached to my abdomen and had to wear it for two weeks. I'm lucky to be alive. Don't visit Dr. West. It may cost you your life.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions8815 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Kia West is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.