Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kian Kaviani has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
I don't normally write reviews but I'm livid after my last few visits and I've been going to him for years. The doctor is very good and that's the only reason why I've put up with his staff for all these years... but his years of consistently selecting SUB, SUB-par, unprofessional, incompetent and rude office staff (including the nurses) is starting to make me question his judegement - which in turn leads me to question him as a doctor (medical advice), whether that's fair or not; it is what it is. Now I'm thinking about finding another family doctor just so I don't have to deal with all the nonsense. He needs to step up his game and hire (offer higher salary) to get the right people in his office or else he's going to lose more patients.
Bad experience. The physical exam was quick and abrupt. Looked into my ears but it was more motion than actual inspections - no way could Dr. Kaviani seen anything. The test of the exam was the same. The EKG machine showed "abnormal," but Dr Kaviani said it was nothing. I do not trust this doctor and will not go back!
saw dr kaviani for a condition. had two emergencies which sent me to the hospital. dr kaviani did not return any calls pertaining to the emergency. on the 3rd occurrence he called back 24 hours later! when i went into his office for a treatment pertaining to the situation he said, after i was already there and waited over 20 min to be seen, that he couldnt administer the treatment as he didnt have the tools in office. i of course was still charged for the appointment!my father went to him for an EKG... he was told all was fine. the 2 days later he had a series of heart attacks that ended in emergency bypass. when the cardiologist requested records, they didnt send... when the finally did several areas were blackened.negligent doctor.dont waste your time + risk your health!
Dr. Kaviani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Kian Kaviani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Medical Services, 10215 Fernwood Rd Ste 315, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Kian Kaviani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethesda, MD.