Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kidest Assegued has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kidest Assegued has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kidest Assegued - Posted on August 22nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kidest Assegued - Posted on July 15th, 2015
I arrived quite early and the MA did his thing and got me into her room. I waited a bit for her and she apologized for her delay. I can see why she may have been late. When dealing with me (it was our first appointment) she took the time to discuss me, all of me and find out everything and also recommend her prognosis. Explained why certain medication would or would not work but ultimately left the decision up to me, which I great appreciate. I have yet to go back for the follow-up visit and when done, I will review again. Overall, my visit scores a high 3. On my way to a healthier me ;)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kidest Assegued - Posted on March 28th, 2015
I would not recommend Dr. Assegued to others. Dr. Assegued does not seem to care much for her patients, appearing bothered when I asked her specific questions about my condition that she had not addressed. She is also not open to alternative treatments or solutions. Overall, I've had negative experiences with her.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kidest Assegued - Posted on December 31st, 2014
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
19 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Lac Usc Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWEST END MEDICAL CENTER, 2100 Pennsylvania Ave NW Ste W, Washington, DC
Dr. Kidest Assegued is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.