Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kiersten A Krause has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kiersten A Krause has the following 11 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Kiersten A Krause has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kiersten A Krause is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Krause is very caring and makes you feel extremely comfortable. She made the delivery of my child such a great experience, I will be forever greatful to her for that. I had a different doctor for my first two children and was very nervous about having to have a new doctor with my 3rd. Now I wish I would of had her there to deliver all of my children.
She is an excellent obgyn. I had the same issue with both of my pregnancies dealing with my lack of weight gain and it took her to say let me check your blood and she put me on a medication and instantly I was able to stop losing weight while being preggo. I want to say it was a pituitary of adnoid issue. I had the best pregnancy experience with her.
My first pregnancy was a high risk one. My problem could have and should have been caught in time to try to save my baby. Due to a bunch of missteps I didn't receive any of the treatment I should have to keep me pregnant long enough for my baby to have a chance. I know even if they did everything they could that the out come might have been the same but I wouldn't have to live with all the what if's for the rest of my life.I gave birth to my baby girl at 20 weeks and 6 days who was born alive. I had to deliver her, see her adorable little face and because I wanted to see the baby we created I also had to watch her gasp for air and choke on blood.Overall Dr. Krause is a nice doctor but she did not handle my situation they way it should have been handled. Also when asking her questions I get the ring around of "There is not enough information..." or not really get an answer at all. I asked her about the statistics of a procedure I will need with any future pregnancies and she told me it was 50/50 chance of success but when talking to a specialist it is actually 80-90% success rate. I don't know if she gave me the wrong percent to keep me from getting my hopes up or what. However I want the accurate percent not what you think I should hear. I am not saying she doesn't know what she is doing or that she is a bad doctor I am simply saying she clearly doesn't have much experience in high risk pregnancies like mine, maybe the more common ones but not mine.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
15 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Kiersten A Krause accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates of Holland, 664 Michigan Ave, Holland, MI
Dr. Kiersten A Krause is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Holland, MI.