Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kiki Chang
Dr. Kiki Chang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Chang is affiliated with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Stanford Hospital and Clinics and Lucile Packard Children's Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Kiki Chang has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. Kiki Chang has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Kiki Chang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
The only psychiatrist my child was comfortable talking to. It was wonderful to watch him interact with her. He made an accurate diagnosis of a medical condition which was causing my daughter's psychological problems, and she quickly recovered with proper treatment. We can't thank him enough. Hard to get an appointment, but definitely worth it!
My son participated in one of his research studies. When my son began experiencing adverse reactions I brought them to Dr. Changs attention. He dismissed my concerns and suggested family therapy. As the the negative effects worsened, still the recommendation was family therapy. The end result was my son intentionally hurting my daughter, and yet again family therapy was recommended. The side effects and adverse reactions were never adressed. After two days of contemplating, I decided to pull him out of the study. I tried to have him seen that day, but there was no room in his schedule. When I requested my son's records, my request was denied multiple times. I offered to speak with him about my request, but he just stated in his years at Stanford he has never released records. My call to the IRB to discuss my concern was never returned either.
Dr. Chang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Lucile Packard Children's Hosp
24 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Kiki Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & DirectionsStanford Health Care Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic, 401 Quarry Rd, Palo Alto, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kiki Chang in this video.
Dr. Kiki Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.