Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim B Abell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kim B Abell has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kim B Abell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Ok Nice try doc, that review below is obviously false. First off a GP does not have the expertise or resources to treat a debilitating chronic pain issue, let alone without ANY medication. Just the fact that you included that statement in a fake review for yourself shows that you know NOTHING about the complicated issue that chronic pain management is and the requirements to understand that medication is often a very necessary and misunderstood component. If your goal in becoming a doctor was to help people rather than get laid you should hold a patients quality of life as more important than YOUR desire to not prescribe pain medication. So... yeah you probably are REALLY arrogant and most likely do not show compassion for your patients. Maybe you should look at your patient criticism as a way to improve yourself. PS: Just an FYI over the past few years, the number of suicides of chronic pain patients due to UNDER treatment and an uncaring medical community obsessed with patient shaming now FAR exceeds the number of opioid overdose deaths by people who chose to abuse drugs. It sounds like you might have some of that blood on your hands. So, maybe spend time educating yourself beyond medical propaganda in lieu of writing fake reviews for yourself.
I find him very caring, and willing to take the time to explain things. I am very grateful to him for helping me find a solution to a debilitating pain issue with no medication. I'm guessing the negative comment is phony.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
22 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Kim B Abell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPenfield Family Medicine, 2212 Penfield Rd Ste 100, Penfield, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kim B Abell in this video.
Dr. Kim B Abell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Penfield, NY.