More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim S Burgess has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Kim S Burgess has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Kim S Burgess has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kim S Burgess is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Kim Burgess has been our pediatrician since my 12 yr old daughter was 6 months old. Dr. Burgess diagnosed Pnuemonia in her left lung, finding the exact location of the troubling area with her stethoscope, alone. Her diagnoses was later confirmed with an ex-rays she recommended that we obtain. Amazing! She was able to tell me where the spot was on her lung with a stethoscope, alone. That was about 9 years ago. She also recommends natural preventatives, such as change in diet, along with-- or before meds are prescribed. I've referred several other mothers to her over the years---all of which have given me rave reviews and thanked me for referring them to her. I notice Dr. Burgess always goes above and beyond in her practice as she is highly ethical. She is a person with a high standard of integrity. If you don't want to hear the truth concerning all aspects of your child's health then go elsewhere,as doctor Burgess will tell it like it is. That, I value and respect most!
25 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Kim S Burgess accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCook Childrens Pediatrics-Flower Mound, 4001 Long Prairie Rd Ste 140, Flower Mound, TX
Dr. Kim S Burgess is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flower Mound, TX.