Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim S Erlich has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
Dr. Kim S Erlich has the following 9 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Infectious Disease
Dr. Kim S Erlich has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Erlich was my HIV dr. for 3 or 4 years and he was literally a life saver. very professional and always up on all the lateest HIV meds and what was in the pipeline etc...Thanks Dr...
Ehrlich was called in to see me by hospitaliists following a dog bite. He spent less than five minutes in my room to look at my dog bite. In that time he told me I did not have Lyme disease, or Babesia, which I have been recovering from for twenty years, following a tickbite , EM rash, and misdiagnosis and refusal to treat by approximately twenty MD's and several ID docs. He told me to stop all my Lyme medications! After five minutes he felt he was qualified to say I did not have LYme!!! And he is still sending me bills. Here's the best part: I see that he shares a practice with James Rumack, one of the first doctors , (after that very long series of physicians I saw), to diagnose Lyme meningitis in me, and immediately gave me IV Ceftriaxone, the proper treatment. Unfortunately, he refused to treat it for longer than an arbitrary 30 days, determined by the insurance company , as the appropriate treatment plan, even though I continued to exhibit numerous neurological , muscular, joint, and immune symptoms, but had made some obvious improvements in the thirty days. I went on eventually to find a Lyme Literate doctor, whose treatment included compassion and current appropriate treatment planning.The term " Lyme Literate" was made fun of in the short five minutes Dr.Ehrlich was in my hospital room. It is so clearly his type of ignorance and arrogance thatkeeps Lyme patients sick for years!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Erlich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Ucsf Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMills Peninsula Medical Center, 1501 Trousdale Dr, Burlingame, CA
Dr. Kim S Erlich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlingame, CA.