- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kim R Gentry MD
Dr. Kim R Gentry, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX, with another office in Arlington, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gentry is affiliated with Texas Health Arlington Memorial. He speaks English.
Dr. Kim R Gentry has 2 locations
1001 N Waldrop Dr Ste 509
Arlington, TX 76012
1001 N Waldrop Dr Ste 705
Arlington, TX 76012
Book Online Now
Dr. Kim R Gentry has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kim R Gentry has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Gentry Visit
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kim R Gentry - Posted on October 8th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kim R Gentry - Posted on June 8th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kim R Gentry - Posted on October 27th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kim R Gentry - Posted on October 22nd, 2015
Not recommended. Go elsewhere.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kim R Gentry - Posted on October 2nd, 2015
He has a good sense of humor but to the extent it made me feel he didn't take my concerns seriously at all. I had an EGD done from him at his facility. It was like a factory with people not paying attention and it didn't seem clean. They blew off my other medical issues and I woke up with heart sensors on me, so something went wrong but they wouldn't tell me. The anesthesiologist was rude and actually shoved me. I would not recommend them or go back to them
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Dr. Gentry is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1984
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Kim R Gentry Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kim R Gentry, MD - Gastroenterology in Arlington, TX, in this video.
Dr. Kim R Gentry is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Arlington, TX.