Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim D Holtmeier has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Substance Abuse
- Developmental Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Anxiety Disorders
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
We had our son fully brain scanned and diagnosed in CA for depression and anxiety, and for some reason you can't get meds prescribed in MN from out-of-state doctors, so we had to schedule a meeting with her to review and prescribe meds. She scanned the report in 15 minutes, wrote the prescription (same as we paid thousands to diagnose in CA) and charged us $380 for 15 minutes of time. I get that these professionals study hard, and provide some good help to people, but this is the 2nd time we've met with her only to get whacked with what I think is an amazingly high bill with NO response when asked about the fees. Good luck if you go.
I have never had a doctor treat my child with such disrespect. Long story short, apparently my son had put some toys in her office drawers when I was talking to her on our last visit a few months back. Apparently they are drawers that contained private records of patients. While I realize he should have not done that, he of course didn't read them and her manners towards him were horrible.. We are seeing her for a reason for gosh's sake. First off her files that contain private medical records are by law to be locked up! What is she doing with our private files unlocked? I am now concerned that my social security numbers and other information on our son is being seen since she doesn't lock her files. I walked out of her office after I told her she was being mean to my son. She raised her voice that she didn't care if he was upset since he played a joke on her with the toys. I would never recommend her, she is not qualified to understand or take on children's most delicate issues.
Dr. Holtmeier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Kim D Holtmeier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKim Diane Holtmeier Md, 14001 Ridgedale Dr Ste 320, Hopkins, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kim D Holtmeier in this video.
Dr. Kim D Holtmeier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hopkins, MN.