Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim M Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Stay away! I had to find new doctor because my beloved ob retired and I was FINALLY pregnant. Made an appointment with Dr. Johnson and she not only cancelled on me, but passed me over to a straight-out-of-school newbie. Even worse she did not put me on progesterone even though I called the office and had early bloodwork done which showed that my progesterone levels were decreasing (22, 16, 14) - nurse that called me back said that Johnson felt levels were "good enough." Maybe she would have been better if I was an existing patient but I ended up miscarrying. Although I understand it could have happened anyways, why leave me with the nagging doubt that we could have prevented this, esp since I'm 40 with no time to spare? She didn't want to take the extra 5 minutes to send in a prescription or see me any earlier than the 8 week visit. Oh, Evanston office is terrible, seems dirty, pay for parking, unfriendly. Was literally put into a closet (table and couple chairs were shoved in) after ultrasound scan with the newbie doctor. Too many decent doctors in the area to deal with this nonsense.
Dr. Johnson is WONDERFUL. She is incredibly warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Sometimes the wait to see her is a bit long, but the time and attention she gives each patient is worth it. I used to work in Evanston but now I both live and work and the city, and it's still worth the trip out to see her for my yearly.
This doctor is exceptionally good with patients. She explains things with precise accuracy and makes sure that the patient understands it as well. She is clear about whatever options are available and seems to genuinely care about her patients. She has the ability to make the most anxiety stricken patient feel at ease without ever losing her professionalism. She is a credit to the world of medicine.
26 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Kim M Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKim M Johnson Md, 2500 Ridge Ave Ste 301, Evanston, IL
Dr. Kim M Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evanston, IL.