Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim L Lucas has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
I was seen by Pam Edens, the nurse practioner. She never bothered to follow up regarding my blood work. They took two weeks to give the lab results . My previous doctor used to give the same report in a couple of days. I had to call many times just to ask if Pam has reviewed my reports and everything is normal. All that they told me was she will call in a few hours.I wouldn't recommend going to this place.
Found my benign brain tumor... first visit...which is a whole lot less then several other doctors. She listens and really tries to figure it out before prescribing medications. Will fill out my disability paperwork that all of my specialist won't be bothered with. I am not the only person she has figured out a major problem with that are friends of mine. Highly recommend.
Dr. Lucas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Kim L Lucas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKim L Lucas Md, 5620 W Thunderbird Rd, Glendale, AZ
Dr. Kim L Lucas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.