Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kim A Schurman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr Schurman has helped me so much. I was struggling with anger issues in relationships that never worked out. She was able to make connections between things that had happened to me in the past, d how they were leading to anger. I have gotten so much out of my work with her!
I saw Dr. S for over a year, and when I lost my job she suggested we stop seeing each other so I could save money, but that meant I was put on a wait list for Denver Mental Health. Since I was taking various medications for depression, anxiety, and PTSD, I still needed Dr. S to refill my prescriptions, and suddenly she stopped returning my phone calls and wouldn't answer the phone. I experienced a horrific relapse from stopping all my meds so suddenly. Months later, Dr. S finally called back to tell me that my credit card had expired which was why she ceased contact. She did more harm than good...I would not recommend trusting her with your mental health.
I went to see Dr Schurman after spending 10 years with another psychiatrist. Dr Schurman got to know my much better than my previous psychiatrist. She is a great listener, and helped my understand myself and me resolve my issues in a lasting way. We discussed my medication in detail, to be sure I was on the right ones, and I feel she really collaborated with me. She explained how medication works, what to expect, and even did a test to determine what I would be most likely to benefit from. She has really helped me a lot, and I wish I had found her sooner.
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Kim A Schurman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKim Alexandra Schurman Md, 4770 E Iliff Ave Ste 116, Denver, CO
Dr. Kim A Schurman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.