The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kimberly A Addis MD
Dr. Kimberly A Addis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Addis is affiliated with Guadalupe Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Kimberly A Addis has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
Dr. Kimberly A Addis has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Showing 1 of 1
Professional and painless hip injection
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kimberly A Addis - Posted on November 18th, 2015
Dr. Addis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Kimberly A Addis Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Kimberly A Addis's office for more information.
8902 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio, TX : (210) 690-7000
Locations & DirectionsLIFECARE HOSPITAL OF SAN ANTONIO, 8902 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Kimberly A Addis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.