More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein
Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Traverse City, MI. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine. Dr. Augenstein is affiliated with Munson Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.<br>These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein has the following 11 expertise
- Nerve Damage
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Surgery Recovery
Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 5
mom with daughter with severe disability
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein - Posted on January 13th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein - Posted on July 30th, 2015
This provider's wait time is consistently greater than 1 hour - even when you are the 2nd appointment for the day. An apology for the extended wait is never given. She does not display a caring, warm, empathetic bedside manner that you would expect from a physiatrist that specializes in treating the pediatric population. Very "small town" vibe and not up to date with current medical care/treatment.
Dr. Augenstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1993
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsNEUROMUSCULAR & REHABILITATION ASSOCIATES, 3988 W Royal Dr, Traverse City, MI
Dr. Kimberly B Augenstein is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.